Before we know how to crack it, let’s first acquaint ourselves with a brief idea of PTE. Commonly referred to as PTE, it’s the Pearson Test of English. It is comparatively easier to crack if a candidate prepares himself fully. It’s a computer based test, holding a 2 year long validity from the academic point of view.
This 2 hour long test requires full concentration and preparation of the candidate.
How to excel in PTE?
- The very first factor that guides your score is your planning. You must plan well in advance and start preparing for it accordingly.
- While preparing, you should choose the best kind of material that is not only updated but also aligned with the latest recommendations.
- Keep a check on the variety of questions that are being offered in the test.
- Your subject should be your priority. However, this doesn’t mean that you should ignore the other subjects.
- You should work hard to improve your vocabulary as it is the key ingredient for getting a good score.
- Grammar gives sense to a particular piece of text, be it reading, writing, speaking or listening. So work on it.
- You should know what you are getting into. It’s not a one day task. It is something that requires consistent practice.
- It’s better if you appear twice for the exam.
Some tips to improve writing skills
- The very first thing that comes into play when your PTE writing is being assessed is your vocabulary. Thus, it’s important to work on its improvement constantly.
- The next important thing is grammar as it’s the prime factor that will convey your message, the way you want to.
- Don’t try to jot down lengthy answers. Just ensure that your answer is short and accurate.
- Punctuations give tone to your writing. You should know how to use it and where to use it. Equally important is the knowledge of not using it unnecessarily.
- Write in third person.
- You should not add undesired examples, when not asked for.
- Always add a conclusion paragraph and a one line summary at the end of each paragraph.
Some tips to improve listening skills
- It’s better to go through the questions first.
- It also requires your alertness and attention. Focus on the words you hear.
- Since there is negative marking, so it’s better not to guess the answers.
- Again, you should have a good command of grammar and vocabulary.
- Importantly, maintain calm all through the test.
Some tips to improve speaking skills
- You should pay attention to keywords.
- You won’t get any signal here.
- Stay focused.
- Practice the tongue twisters.
- It’s better not to correct yourself in case you have committed a mistake. Stay confident and continue with your speech.
Some tips to improve reading skills
- A lot of practice is required to develop a command on the reading section.
- You should have the knowledge of paraphrasing, good vocabulary and perfect grammar.
- The technique of scanning, skimming and elimination have a great impact on doing this section.
- Attempt all questions as there is no negative marking in this section.