HBO Max is an amazing streaming service. It carries HBO’s catalog of movies, TV shows, and some other content that you won’t get enough of. The price of the subscription is $15 per month, which is kind of similar to HBO Now.
Did you know that an average American subscriber watches 3 to 4 streaming services? The upside of these streaming services is that they are easier to join and cancel. Plus, there are no contracts. Unfortunately, HBO max is one of the most expensive streaming services. The content of this streaming service is great but it’s not for everyone, especially if you have a bunch of people in the house belonging to different age groups who would like a variety of entertainment. In this case, you might be better off subscribing to one of the Spectrum cable packages for cable TV and having a colorful channel lineup. That would mean letting go of your HBO Max Subscription.
You would be glad to hear that if you ever need to cancel your subscription, you can do it in just a few minutes. No strings attached! There is no cancelation fee either. Let’s take a look at the process of canceling the subscription using the app and other means.
How to Cancel Your HBO Max Subscription Using HBO Max App
Follow these steps to cancel your Subscription using the HBO Max app:
- Open your HBO Max app
- Go to the “Profile” icon from your screen’s lower right corner
- Tap onto the “Billing Information” icon
- You will see a “Manage Subscription” tab
- Click on it and choose “Cancel Subscription”
- The app will ask you to confirm it’s really you
- Once you have done that, your subscription will cancel
If you have subscribed to HBO Max via some other service like Samsung, YouTube TV, or any other service, you will see the learn more option. Tap on it and you would be taken to the login screen of that service or app.
Sign in to your account and go to the billing info page. Unsubscribe to HBO Max from there.
How to Cancel Your HBO Max Subscription from the Web
You can also cancel the subscription to your HBO Max service from your computer. Here are the steps to do so:
- Go to HBO Max’s website from your browser
- Sign in to your account
- Go to your profile’s setting
- Choose the “subscription” tab
- Hit “manage subscription” from the option
- You should be able to see the cancel subscription from the options
- The service will ask you to choose a reason why you are canceling the subscription
- Choose the option and hit “yes, cancel my subscription”
How to Cancel Your HBO Max Subscription Via iTunes
If you have paid your HBO Max subscription via iTunes, then you will have to cancel it from there. It’s easier to do this via the Safari browser. Follow these steps to get started:
- Log into your iTunes account
- Go to your account by hitting “My account”
- Choose “view my account”
- You will be asked to enter your password to confirm your identity
- Then, go to “settings” and choose “manage subscription”
- Select HBO now and turn off the auto-renewal option
- That’s it. You have now successfully unsubscribed to your HBO Max account
If you have signed up for a free trial of HBO Max, it’s important to cancel the subscription before the billing cycle starts. The process of canceling is the same as canceling the regular subscription. Right now, HBO has discontinued its free trial but it’s possible for this promotion to return.
As you can see, the process of canceling your subscription is easy and simple. If you would like to re-subscribe, you can do so at any time. All you have to do is sign in to your account again and pay the monthly fee.
Before you let go of your subscription, remember that you can continue using the service until the next billing date. So, make the most of what you have paid for! Turn off auto-renewal so that once the billing date hits, the services are automatically revoked.