The government initiated the Udyogini Scheme to promote women’s entrepreneurship, and for women’s development, various programs have been launched.
Udyogini scheme has been implemented by “Women Development Corporation.”The Government of India has offered Indian women entrepreneurs’ Udyogini scheme support. The program encourages women to initiate their own businesses by providing financial assistance.
Businesswomen can apply for liberal loans under diverse categories of the Scheme to start their business activities. Udyogini” aims to provide women in pastoral or underdeveloped regions of the country with the financial independence they need to support their families.
Various financial organizations, counting banks, have been ordered to give loans to women without discrimination at competitive interest rates.
The KSWDC (Karnataka State Women’s Development Corporation), Punjab and Sind Bank, Saraswat Bank, regional rural banks, government and diverse private banks, and cooperative banks were mainly created Udyogini Scheme.
The main objective is to provide loan schemes for small businesses to women who aspire to become entrepreneurs, especially from underdeveloped and rural areas. An illiterate woman in the country can benefit from this Scheme by receiving financial assistance.
- The loan scheme for small business offers interest-free loans.
- Women are provided with skill development through this program.
- It provides financial assistance to women who want to start their businesses.
- Women don’t have to rely on private money lenders or other unreliable sources.
How it works
Through the Udyogini Program, underdeveloped or rural regions of India will gain access to customized loans to boost women’s entrepreneurship. Here is how the Scheme works:
- The necessary skills and tailored business services are provided to women from embattled areas.
- Increasing production becomes the focus once adequate funds are sanctioned
- Operational income increased
- Women’s active involvement in decision-making
Key features of this Scheme
All applicants can now obtain a high-value loan amount of up to Rs. 3 lakh, whereas previously, it was limited to Rs. 1 lakh, as long as they meet eligibility criteria. In addition, this program assists women in developing their skills in areas such as pricing, feasibility, planning, costing, etc., and financial support.
Government proposes up to a 30% subsidy on loan scheme for small businesses extended as part of the Scheme to facilitate repayment of the loans by women. Udyogini Yojana ensures a transparent selection process by evaluating the application form.
Udyogini Scheme cover over 88 kinds of industries that range from bakeries, libraries, grocery stores, tailoring shops, and many more.
Women can get financial assistance from the Udyogini Scheme to start small businesses. Widows, the needy, and the disabled receive special treatment from financial institutions which are more open-minded in their funding. Interest-free loans are granted to women under special groups.
Under the Udyogini scheme, some applicants can receive Rs. 3 lakhs loan. However, the applicant ought to meet the eligibility requirements to receive this amount.
Objectives this Scheme has fulfilled.
The KSWDC or Karnataka State Women Development Corporation launched this Scheme. They aim to promote and implement self-employment by providing low-interest loans to women who wish to enter the workforce.
- This program has assisted a total of 7048 women entrepreneurs.
- There are currently 1698 villages covered.
- Through this program, 5434 children have been helped.
Application eligibility criteria
- The applicant must be female
- An annual family income limit of Rs. 1.5 lakh or less
- Applicants within the age gap of 18 years and 55 years can apply
- The age limit has been removed for disabled or widowed women
- Collateral is not needed
- Passport-sized photos
- Aadhar card
- Birth certificate
- Income certificates
- BPL Card
- Ration card
- Caste certificate
- Bank passbook
In case you do not qualify for this scheme, you can apply for an unsecured business loan for women and get up to Rs. 45 lakh from leading lenders and financial institutions. One of the leading NBFCs, Bajaj Finserv provides hassle-free business loans for women with minimal paperwork and instant approval. This NBFC also provides pre-approved offers on its financial products such as personal loans, business loans, etc. You can check your pre-approved offer by simply sharing your basic details and expedite the loan processing.