Move OST to PST file using this write-up. Microsoft Outlook is an email software that is commonly used by businesses and offices for communication. The majority of customers set up their accounts with Microsoft Exchange Server, which synchronizes data and saves it in the Offline Storage Table (.ost) file format. On a hard drive, an OST file stores data in offline mode.
Data is synchronized and downloaded to the system in the OST file format every time a user checks in with an IMAP account. It assists in keeping data in the mailbox up to date with fresh emails, reports, meeting requests, and so on.
When a user creates an account with an IMAP setup, it may also function as a web server-based application, storing synchronization data in (.ost) format.
However, these files can become unavailable in a variety of circumstances. To deal with the scenario, the user must convert the OST file to a different file type, such as PST. So that data may be quickly accessible even when the computer is turned off. I’ll explain two approaches to converting OST to PST format in the sections below.
What are the Benefits of Converting OST to PST?
There are a variety of reasons why a user would need to convert an Exchange IMAP.ost to.pst file. Here are a few of them:
1. MS Exchange server can crash suddenly for a variety of causes, including:
- Power Outage
- Software that is malicious
Viruses, for example.
When data becomes inaccessible and the screen shows error messages continuously, such situations are difficult to handle.
2. Due to Exchange Server maintenance and unavailability, it can be difficult to retrieve mailbox data in some situations. Data is saved in the mailbox using the .ost extension, which synchronizes with the server and makes it unavailable. To have access to the data, users must convert their emails from OST to PST format.
3. Corrupted or mistakenly lost data can be retrieved when users export OST mailboxes to PST.
4. Data migration can aid by converting OST to PST. It is simple to migrate PST data from one location to another in cases where the user wants to move from one location to another.
5. The Exchange profile has been deactivated, and the OST file has become orphaned. In this case, your only choice is to convert the OST file to PST format and access all of the data.
OST to PST Conversion Methods
We now know when we should convert OST to PST format using the finest solution. However, in the following part, we’ll go over various methods for exporting OST data to PST.
- Manually convert OST to PST in Outlook
- Expert Advice on Converting OST Files to PST
Method 1: Manually Move OST to PST File
To manually convert OST to PST files, your PC must be set up with Outlook and linked to a Microsoft Exchange server. The steps for the rest of the procedure are as follows:
- To begin, open MS Outlook, then select “File” and “Import/Export” from the drop-down menu.
- “Choose an action to perform” appears in a new conversation box. Proceed by selecting “Export to a File.”
- The following screen will ask you to select the file type you want to import. Select “Outlook data file (.pst)” and then click “Next.”
Now, select the folder from which you want to export data and click “Next.”
- Select “Allow duplicates to be made” from the drop-down menu and click “Finish.”
- Following that, a second pop-up will appear, asking for an optional password. It is simple to proceed without entering it.
- Now, manually convert Microsoft OST data to an Outlook PST file. At the designated location, you can verify your OST files that have been stored in PST format.
The aforementioned manual technique to move OST to PST file has various limitations, which are listed below:
- In the system, you’ll need to set up an Outlook account.
- The MS Exchange Server must be linked to the system.
- When compared to manual procedures, the process is slow.
- Data loss or corruption is a possibility.
- The technique must be followed by a technical specialist.
Method 2: Using Software to Convert OST to PST
To get over the constraints, using an automated application to convert OST to PST without Outlook is advised.
OST to PST Extractor is one of the best third-party tools that simplify and simplifies this procedure. It completes the conversion procedure in just a few simple steps and is completely risk-free.
This program converts OST mailboxes to the PST file format. We can also recover, backup, and retrieve all objects from offline OST files with it.
It also aids in the conversion of IMAP.ost to.pst, with no file size restrictions. It allows you to see data like emails, contacts, calendars, and other mailbox items before converting them.
PST, HTML, MSG, EML, MBOX, EMLX, NSF, PDF, vCard, CSV, ICS, TXT, MHT, DOCX, DOC, and RTF are among the file formats that this programme can save OST files into. It also offers a free demo version with the restriction of only exporting the first 25 items folder. After that, if the user is happy, they can purchase a licensed version at a reasonable fee.
Without Outlook, How to Move OST to PST File
With the aid of this program, you may convert emails from OST to PST file format without using Outlook:
- Download and install the software on your computer to begin the OST to PST conversion.
- Simply drag and drop recovered OST files into the software and preview them.
- To export, select PST from the drop-down menu and click Next.
- Navigate to the destination location on your system to save the exported PST.
The technique for converting from OST to PST in only a few steps has now been accomplished. At the destination site, you can see your converted PST data. Get a step-by-step guide to converting OST to Outlook.
Manual methods are quick and easy to use, but they do have certain drawbacks. If your machine has MS Outlook set up with Exchange Server, you can convert OST to PST manually for free. These processes are frequently more time-consuming.
Using third-party software to convert your OST file emails to PST is a more convenient and effective technique. This software is recommended since it is user-friendly and has extensive features. Use this dependable and effective software to manage your critical information.